Thursday, March 11, 2010

5 Favourite Comfort Foods


I don't know about everyone else, but I associate certain moods or feelings with certain foods. Here's my mood ring list of comfort foods.

Alphaghetti: When I'm sick, please open me some alphaghetti and throw in a movie.

Nachos: When I'm having a bad day or week, take me out for Jack Astor's nachos and I'll perk up in no time.

Chocolate: When I'm feeling blah and I have no one to take me out for nachos. Or when I have a headache. Or when I'm bored. I just love chocolate.

Mashed potatoes & minced beef: When I want a home-cooked meal, this is where I go. My mom used to make it just for me (even though my dad and brother weren't huge fans) and it still tastes like home to me.

Spinach dip: When I have to bring a snack. This one is more of a personal comfort. I know I make rockin' Spin Dip so I never worry about it going wrong when I have to be somewhere and bring food.

1 comment:

  1. Mention Jack Astor's nachos and your mood picks up. But if you don't follow through and get the nachos, the mood drops REALLY fast.

    ReplyDelete