Monday, November 22, 2010

Visiting Narnia

I never read the Chronicles of Narnia series when I was a kid. I'm not sure why. I even have the full set on my bookshelf.

It's been a couple weeks since I finished my last audiobook at work and I decided it was time for a new one, when I remembered that we have the Focus On The Family radio theatre version of the Narnia series. Perfect.

So far, I'm about halfway through the third book, A Horse And His Boy. Focus decided to put their dramas in order of chronology, rather than the order C.S. Lewis wrote them in. What's kind of cool is that the guy who intros the books is the step-son of C.S. Lewis so he has some pretty interesting stories to tell.

The other great part about this series is that it's done like a movie with voices, music and sound effects, not just a guy reading through the book. It's very entertaining.

0 comments:

Post a Comment