Monday, January 2, 2012

30 by 30 #27–Host a family Christmas

The plan was to check this one off during Christmas 2010, but circumstances changed and we weren't able to do it. So 2011 was our year.

Spending the 23rd and 24th in Mississauga meant some planning ahead of time, but we had lots of help, especially with the food. We came home Christmas morning after stockings and breakfast, started the turkey and got some snacks together and even fit in a quick vacuuming.

In the afternoon, both sides of our family arrived, 13 people total. We ate snacks, opened gifts and spent some time together while the turkey cooked. My only regret is that you really can't cook dinner ahead of time, so about 30 minutes before dinner, we were all in the kitchen trying to get everything ready. That half hour was a little stressful for me, but everything turned out great, including my first-ever turkey - success!

It was great to have everyone together. I'm not sure that I would want to host Christmas like that every year, especially once we have a toddler, but I really enjoy entertaining, so this won't be the last Christmas at our place.













0 comments:

Post a Comment