Friday, December 31, 2010

Comparing Washing Up to Going to Church

This came from a blog post I read. The context: someone told them they don't go to church anymore because their parents forced them when they were younger. This blogger said their parents forced them to wash themselves too so by that reasoning...

"Ten reasons why I never wash
  1. I was forced to as a child.
  2. People who wash are hypocrites – they think they are cleaner than everybody else.
  3. There are so many different kinds of soap, I can’t decide which one is best.
  4. I used to wash, but I got bored and stopped.
  5. I wash only on special occasions, like Christmas and Easter.
  6. None of my friends wash.
  7. I’ll start washing when I get older and dirtier.
  8. I can’t spare the time.
  9. The bathroom is never warm enough in winter or cool enough in summer.
  10. People who make soap are only after your money."

Kind of an interesting look at that excuse for not going to church.

1 comment: