Friday, August 12, 2011

30 by 30 #30 – Have a baby

Obviously I'm an awesome blogger for not posting for over 7 months, but I have been whittling away at my 30 by 30 list and this completion is the reason for the lack of posts.

AJ and I decided we were ready to start a family and we found out I was pregnant at the end of October 2010. On July 8, 2011, we had Kyler Jace Martin - a whopping 11 lbs. 1oz.

My pregnancy was really great, no real problems and I actually really enjoyed it. Kai was a week overdue when I got induced, so I was getting a little antsy by the end to finally meet him.

Labour was tough and long, but I was able to get an epidural and that made a world of difference for me. I'm not sure I would have been able to deliver an 11 lb. baby without it.

I think this will easily be the coolest thing I've done on my 30 by 30 list. Kai is amazing. Now he's 5 weeks old and he's starting to give us real smiles, hold his head up more, respond to toys and be awake more often. Parenting is just as tough as everyone says it is, but it's awesome and we're so thankful to have Kyler in our lives.





0 comments:

Post a Comment