Friday, August 12, 2011

30 by 30 #16 - Read the Harry Potter series

There has been so much hype about Harry Potter for many years now and, until this point, I had avoided the movies and the books, just because I thought they were just for kids and I wasn't very interested. But now that the movie series is wrapping up, I thought I'd give them a chance. Plus, the books are my friend Ashley's favourite, so this goal works for reading the favourite book of a friend too.

I didn't actually read the books per se, instead I got the audiobooks and listened to them at work. I really did enjoy them, especially the later books as the characters get older. They're written for kids/teens so they're really easy to get through, but the stories are good and I really enjoyed listening to them all back to back instead of having to wait for the next one to come out.

Once I finished the series, AJ and I borrowed the movies from a friend and watched through the series. We just have book 7 part 2 to watch now, which is currently in theatres.

I'm really glad I read the books, they're a big deal for this generation and I've already found that I'm "in" on a lot more inside jokes on TV and in movies when Harry Potter gets referenced.


0 comments:

Post a Comment