Wednesday, August 25, 2010

30 by 30 Reading List Update

After two unsuccessful tries, I finally managed to pick up my friend Ashley's favourite book at the library. Graceling by Kristin Cashore.

This book was written for young adults, but Ashley assured me that it was amazing anyway. And she was right.

Graceling is a fantasy story about a world where some children are born with "Graces" or special talents. It follows Kasta whose Grace is killing and is being used by the King as his personal hitman.

Kasta goes on a special mission as she escapes the hold of the king and falls in love along the way.

It was a really easy read and well-written no matter what bookshelf I found it on. I found myself reading it every spare moment I got because it drew me into the story so much.

Definitely one I would recommend and I'll be looking for more from Kristin Cashore next time I visit the library.

Good recommendation Ash!

0 comments:

Post a Comment