Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Caloriefest 2010

It took a couple months of planning to get us all together, but we finally made Caloriefest 2010 happen. My friend Ashley, her 2 kids and I drove to Trenton to meet up with my other friend Ashley and continued on to spend a day with our other friend Lauren in Kingston.

We planned on making it a weekend of girl time - chatting, hanging out and eating food, as the name would suggest.

It was such an awesome weekend for me. I absolutely love spending weekends with AJ, but there's something so refreshing about having a girls weekend.

We took the kids to the park, walked around Kingston, got ice cream, roasted marshmallows and stayed up later than I have in months just chatting around the campfire.

I've been friends with these awesome girls since high school and it's so amazing that we're still really close through moves and marriages. We're already planning Caloriefest 2011 to go down in Ottawa sometime this winter.



The kids woke me up at 7:30am with cuddles - 
can't really complain about that.


We spent hours climbing the jungle molecule.


Best hats ever, no?


Ashley and I were both suckered into giving
piggy backs. It's those big adorable eyes.

1 comment:

  1. You likely enjoyed it more than AJ time because AJ doesn't have any junk food in the house.

    ReplyDelete