Friday, February 12, 2010

29 by 30

I'm proud to announce that I have complete an item off my 30 by 30 list!

My dog Snax and I were hanging out one day and I decided it was the perfect time to teach her a new trick. I had a few hours to spare and she was squeaking away on one of her toys, begging me to play with her.

I got out the the little treats we have, about the size of a dime, that seemed perfect to bribe the dog into doing something new.

I decided to teach her to play dead. She already knows how to lie down and how to roll over so I figured it wouldn't be too much of a stretch. And I thought it would be fun to make things a little interesting and teach her to play dead only when I point my finger at her and say bang.

Being totally objective, I think it is safe to say that my dog is the smartest dog ever. I'm pretty sure if I ever got stuck in a well, she would built some sort of pulley system and have me out of there within the hour, that's just how smart she is.

Anyway, it took me all of about 20 minutes to teach her this trick. I pointed my finger and said bang and then got her to lie down and roll over. Halfway through the roll I held her there and said stay. I told her she was good when I let her up and gave her a little treat. After a few times of this, she rolled over on her own and I would tell her to stay when she got onto her back. After few times later and she was staying on her own every time. Smart dog.

I showed AJ the trick and he loved it. Then he added a silencer to the gun. As in, he didn't say bang, he just pointed his finger. Snax immediately laid down on her back and played dead.

Verdict: I have a totally genius dog and I had a lot of fun teaching her the new trick. I plan on teaching her at least a few more before my 30th birthday arrives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment