Monday, February 8, 2010

30 by 30

Note: This is a re-post I wrote about a month ago that I wanted to bring over as it will be the basis for quite a few posts in the future.


This year I’ll be turning 26, which means 30 is looming around the corner. I’m really happy with where I am right now, but I want to always be moving forward. So in the spirit of the New Year/New Decade/30 on the Horizon, I want to make myself a list of 30 things I want to accomplish by the time I’m 30. Nothing huge or crazy, but things I can actually do. So here goes:
  1. Blow up at least 3 of our own photos to use at art in the new house
  2. Make a calendar in Photoshop to give as Christmas gifts
  3. Teach Snax a new trick
  4. Serve at a soup kitchen at Christmastime
  5. Take a wine tour
  6. Play ice hockey
  7. Try (and hopefully enjoy) running
  8. Bungee jump
  9. Road trip down the California coast
  10. Scuba dive
  11. See the Goo Goo Dolls in concert
  12. Go on a short term missions trip with AJ
  13. Weigh 160
  14. Read the favourite book of at least one friend each year
  15. Spend New Year’s downtown in a big city
  16. Read the Harry Potter series
  17. Spend a day painting on canvas
  18. See the Grease musical
  19. Take kickboxing
  20. Learn to drive stick (better)
  21. Go white water rafting
  22. Pay off our debts
  23. Recover the dining room chairs
  24. Learn to sew so I don’t have to get my mom to fix my buttons
  25. Get a great permanent job
  26. Buy a design program (probably Photoshop)
  27. Host a family Christmas
  28. Bake a pie from scratch
  29. Be in a play
  30. Have a baby
Ok, there it is. 4.5 years, 30 things. Let’s make it happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment